The Lachine Hospital, formerly known as Hôpital Saint-Joseph, was founded in 1913 by the Sisters of Providence. The original hospital was situated on St-Louis Street in Lachine and replaced in 1940 by the current building located on 16th Avenue and St-Antoine Street.
The institution was run by the Sisters of Providence until 1974, at which time its management and administration were transferred to the provincial government and it was renamed the Centre hospitalier de Lachine (CHL).
In 1992, a long term care facility was built adjacent to the hospital. The Camille Lefebvre pavilion houses 134 beds, 20 of which are designated to patients who require round-the-clock respiratory assistance.
In 2008, the Centre hospitalier de Lachine and the Camille Lefebvre pavilion joined the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) and became known as the Lachine Hospital.